Gerund or Verbal Noun
The verb + ing form when used as a noun is called Gerund or Verbal Noun. It can be used both as the subject or the object of a verb.
- Reading is a good hobby.
- The Government is thinking of building a bridge.
- The old woman was telling her beads.
- My mother was fond of cooking.
- I hate playing cards.
- Singing gives joy.
- Gardening is my favourite avocation
- Was Saba reading while walking?
- It has started raining.
- I do not want going out tonight.
- She hates doing the ironing.
- Please stop asking me questions.
- They denied stealing the money.
- We enjoy basking in the sun.
- Crossing the railway track is prohibited.
- Killing birds is a crucial sport.
- Barking dogs seldom bite.
- They carried on talking in a low tone.
- Walking is good for health.
- I got sprained my ankle while jumping.